Skip to content
- During the Sengoku period, wadaiko was used to boost the morale of the samurai and scare the enemy.
- Taiko was the only instrument that can be heard from the other side.
- Since it is very big, usually one soldier carried it, and 2 soldiers beat it from the sides. The war taiko was called jindaiko.
- 9 set of 5 beats means attack.
- The tea ceremony also starts with beating a taiko similar to jindaiko.
- Today martial art dojos in Japan mostly have a taiko. Accelerating beat signals the beginning of the session.